Module 14: Ekphrasis

 


Green dying grass and wide-open fields

Leaving my home I thought I would heal

Finding new grass, new skies, new land

I would have never thought that I would be so miserable so close to the sand

Looking forward to the month where I go back 

Hoping to try again to get my life on track

My home is not here 

In the wide-open fields and green dying grass 

I left not knowing I would crack like window glass

 

In the book, I found the painting by Andrew Wyeth. This painting is called Christina's World and was painted in 1948. I choose this piece because it looks like the girl is lost but still insight of her home. I love the detail in this painting from the different shades of grass to the grey in the sky to give it a very dark, lonely feel. I thought this painting would suit my situation and my emotions lately very as I have been feeling alone and lost these past few months. No one knows the reason behind Christina crawling in the grass and Wyeth says that he would get a letter weekly ask what Christina was doing. I took this painting a girl about my age who left home and is slowly finding her way back. The poem that I wrote captures the loss of what I thought was the girl missing home or missing her family. In my poem, I took away from the painting is she still has her family but she is finding her own way. I used the details of the grass and the fields and I talked about home and looking forward to home. I really choose this painting because I feel like her or what I first thought of when I saw this painting. With the gloomy colors used and the distance away from the home I thought it would be a good piece to write an ekphrasis on. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drive to the Beach : Plotting

Not seen on TV

Hamlet: Act 1- Scene 5