Module 8: Playlist

My playlist includes folk, country, rock, and hip-hop. The theme I saw with all the genres and songs is that they all incorporated dancing into their titles.  I chose this theme because I like to dance around and have a good time but I also think dancing can be very intement if you have a special person to dance with. Some of the songs like Lady Gaga and Milky Chance have a more upbeat rhythm to it. The other songs I chose for this playlist are a little more meanful and are meant dance with someone special to you. The playlist has a different range of genres and sounds which makes them all different in some way although they are all about dancing of some sort. 


Folk- 

Emmylou Harris- Save the Last Dance For Me 

https://youtu.be/wC5BN24LcHk This song ties to the theme of dance because the song talks about saving the last dance for some one special. I chose it because my dad used to play it for me when I was young. I love this song because it just reminds me of the good days we would have on weekends or after school. 

Milky Chance- Stolen Dance 

https://youtu.be/k750IIdKq08This song goes along with the theme because it is just a fun song. Dancing to me is supposed to be a way to let loose and just have fun. The tempo in this song is very high but has low tempos to it to give it that laid back happy feel to the song. 

Country- 

Lee Ann Womack- I Hope You Dance 

https://youtu.be/DmBSGlXqC4Q

This is another close to the heart songs for me personally. My mom would play this song for me a lot when I was younger. This song reminds me to never waste my days, to always get up and dance(if you want). The song has a slower melody to it but speeds up when it get to the chorus in the song. 

Josh Turner- Why Don't We Just Dance
https://youtu.be/g7z-NSGVf8MJosh Turner is personally my favorite country singer. His voice is very deep, which makes his music more intense. This song just makes me smile because it talks about just dropping all the stress and dancing it all away. The tone of his music is happy and upbeat but some of his music is slow and the melody is soft. 

Rock- 

Elton John- Tiny Dancer

https://youtu.be/0FjWM9VasZw

Elton John is a very upbeat singer. Tiny Dancer is a song everyone knows the words too because of how often this song is played in movies, TV shows,and commercials. The tone of his music is very high speed and fast pace this song is. This is the perfect song to just get up and dance too.

Hip-Hop- 

Lady Gaga- Just Dance 

https://youtu.be/2Abk1jAONjw

Last but not least, Just Dance by Lady Gaga. This song fits perfectly in its theme because of how fun and fast pace this song plays. When you hear this song it takes you back in the day where you would plug in your Wii and put the Just Dance game in and play it for hours. This song has a deep tone to it that give it almost a creepy, excited song to dance along too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drive to the Beach : Plotting

Not seen on TV

Hamlet: Act 1- Scene 5