Architectural Interiors : Module 5

 

A piece of domestic architecture that really fascinates me is how the City Of Palms is set up. This is a baseball and softball stadium for the FSW softball and baseball team. It was originally the Red Sox spring training facility but FSW took over in 2014. This building can seat up to 8,000 people. The City of Palms building itself has multiple rooms includes press boxes and club seating. the architecture is shaped in a "U" form because it outlines the baseball field that sits in the middle of the building. Surrounded by palm trees and gates, the facility stands three stories tall. The way the rooms are divided up is there are two parts on the inside of the building. One on the outside which is what you see above, and then the inside section where the fans sit, press boxes, and others. In between these two sections of the building is a pathway with three entryways to the stands, concession stands, and public restrooms. I think it is designed very organized and convenient for fans. It was a very open and welcoming building with lots of entry gates and arches with different directions on it so it is hard to get lost. 

A space I inhabit would be LightHouse Commons, also known as the dorms of Florida Southwestern. My dorm is where I spend most of my time when I am not at practice at the City of Palms. I would compare the architecture as similar because of the "U" shape of the building and the piece in the middle which is our courtyard. The difference is that I actually live in the dorms with my teammates. I spend a lot of my time at each architectural structure that I really enjoy them both. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drive to the Beach : Plotting

Hamlet: Act 1- Scene 5

Not seen on TV