The Red Dragon: module 3

 https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/490003


Animated Landscape, Joan Miró (Spanish, Barcelona 1893–1983 Palma de Mallorca), Oil on canvas

Animated Landscape 1927 Joan Miró

The Landscape painting was painted with oil on a canvas. This painting was painted by a Spanish man named, Joan Miró in 1927. Through the sensa on this painting, I think the light shines through from the yellow. I think it draws out the from the brown in the painting and makes the eye float from the brown to the green and blue above. The dragon-like creature in the corner also caught my eye because of the red. The way that the sensa is broken up in this picture really stood out to me because of the yellow and the red that is very vivid against the brown, blue, and green. The block of blue and green reminds me of grass and a lake. The texture on the brown part reminds me of dirt. The brown part is a hole of some sort and the yellow is from the light outside. The texture in the green makes me think this painting was meant to be some sort of outside landscape keyhole perspective. In this painting, I feel trapped. I feel like it's meant to feel closed up and only seeing what you can from a closed-up place. The yellow in the hole is supposed to bring happiness but I see it as something I can not get to like it is just a piece of sunlight I can't enjoy. The red dragon on the corner stands as the guard. Like if something were to come out of this, hole the dragon would be there to push whatever it is back in. The painting is very straight forward. It is not too overwhelming but it has some interesting details. It seems very define like there is a story behind it, but people can also tell it is just a painting. What drew me to this painting was perspective, I felt like all of the other painting was just from multiple different directions. This painting can only really be understood at one point, unlike the others. Another thing that caught my eye was the detailed little dragon in the corner. Just having a bright pop of red with the detail I thought was very different and unique. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drive to the Beach : Plotting

Not seen on TV

Hamlet: Act 1- Scene 5